As the new year begins, you are excited to make some new modifications to your home. Do you plan on selling this year? Are you looking to make improvements for you to enjoy for a couple of years before you sell? If you aren’t sure where to spend the money, here are a few tips on where to get the most return on investment for 2015 (in most cases). Remember, market value of the homes in the neighborhood, as well as timing of purchase to sale can greatly affect the return on investment from home renovations. Also, choosing the right finishes and material will affect the value of return, so do your research on up to date materials to make the appropriate most cost effective choice. Make sure to contact AngelsRE to get fair market value of your home to help make the decision on how much to budget for the renovations and if now is the right time for you!
Check out these projects to get the most from your Arizona home renovations:
1) Minor Kitchen Renovations – Should return 80% – 85% of your investment.
2) Bathroom Remodel -Should return 70%-75% of your investment.
3) Garage Door Replacement – If you go with a custom trim, should return 80%-85% of the investment.
4) Entry Door Replacement – If you go with steel, should return 92%-95% of the investment.
5) Interior Paint – If you are neutralizing a space, you can expect to receive greater than 100% return on your investment.
6) Flooring – If there are various materials of flooring throughout the home, this can grab the attention of a new buyer in the wrong way. Neutralizing/updating the flooring can bring 75%-110% return on investment.
Sometimes your home improvements aren’t as fun as you expected. Items you can’t physically see the beauty of, can still provide a decent return on investment, not to mention will help you sell the house and get through the inspection period with ease.
1) Roof Replacement – Should return 80% of your investment.
2) Window Replacement – Not only will this assist with efficiency in Arizona, aesthetically new windows can help with curb appeal as well. High efficiency new windows should return an 80% return on investment.
3) Siding Replacement – Should return 80%-90% of your investment.
4) HVAC Replacement – If proper unit is chosen, should return 75% of your investment.
Looking for other ways to make your home a more attractive house on the market this year? Contact the team at AngelsRE to get fair market value of your home to help make the decision on how much to budget for the renovations this year.