As full-time professional agents, we are asked a lot of questions, and it’s important to be able to answer with the proper information, education and experience. Angels RE understands it’s not just a transaction. Real Estate, whether buyer or selling, is a very emotional time for people. This will entail major decisions about money, homes, families and finding the right realtor. Angels RE Group will help you think through or assist in the processing of these decisions.
When it comes to listing a home, it’s common for agents to watch sellers go from one extreme to another in a short period of time. It is also common for sellers to doubt their agent and not agree on the advice that is shared. Finding a realtor that understands this and is willing to weather the emotions with their seller is blessing. We look out for our clients and hang in with them through all the rough roads and smooth sailings. We invite you to read some of our testimonials from recent clients.
Here are a few situations we encounter and are able to assist with through the home selling process:
1. PROPER HOME VALUATION – Sellers put a higher value on their own property because of their emotional connection to the home. We can address this by sharing other comparable home data in the area (contact Angels RE Group for a Comparative Market Analysis), and we provide a buyers view to the home. It’s very normal to value higher than fair market value, based on the seller’s time, money and sweat equity that has been applied to the home. Value can also be added by encouraging proper staging and viewing the competition for pricing/condition data.
2. LISTING WITHOUT PROPER MOTIVATION – Sellers occasionally feel the need to list based on advice from family, friends or advisors, but are not emotionally ready for the change. Angels RE Group will communicate these concerns and assist the seller with making the tough decision of whether to list or not. It’s our belief we serve our client’s needs, not just list their home.
3. HAVING A GOAL FOR SUCCESS – If a listing has been through several agents, a discussion about why the last agent/agents were not the right fit is necessary. If other agents are professional and are properly marketing the property, then there may be a disconnect on the formula for success. Picking an agent with the right personality for your needs is crucial. If there is conflict from the beginning, it will only end in frustration and a lack of success.
4. FEEDBACK FRUSTRATION – A very detailed plan must be provided and executed based on feedback. Sellers often are uncomfortable with the feedback. It is our responsibility to deliver the news, good or bad, and assist or adjust according to plan as feedback is received. This is a touchy, emotional area, but if expectations are set property in the beginning, then the process is much more comfortable. Even with a price reduction, if it has clearly been discussed, it won’t be as painful.
5. AGENT VALUE VS. COMMISSIONS – Most business is through a referral, which is normally based on history and performance of that agent. Angels RE Group prides themselves on the RIGHT reputation for taking care of our clients. Commissions are earned, as well as references, and glowing recommendations from our clients. We believe in looking out for our clients, beyond the process of selling the home. We don’t have magic powers, but we create magic by going the extra mile and being creative with our clients.
There are three parts to listing the property:
A) View the home, compare comps, present marketing strategy, take professional photographs and list the property
B) Manage the showing/viewing process with agents, continue to keep listing fresh and show ready, and provide immediate feedback to adjust strategy along the way to negotiate and solidify an offer
C) Begin the due diligence and manage all variables through close of escrow.
There are times that the market is unpredictable, but Angels RE Group is on the pulse of real estate and can assist with this volatility by constant education and communication of the market. We hope these tips help home sellers and provide them with real situations that can be overcome for a successful outcome. Contact us for more details – we would be happy to share our knowledge.