Forget the summers in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley and remember why you are here visiting in the first place! Arizona’s gorgeous spring, fall and winter months allow you to spend your time outdoors and be adventurous. Follow this list to make the most of your time in the Valley of the Sun, and learn why Arizona is the perfect place for your winter home!
1) Golf – Are you ready to hit the links? I bet you can’t say that in the Midwest in January! This is prime time for golfing season and we have an abundance of public golf courses for you to play. Enjoy the open fairways and serene lakes on McCormick Ranch Golf Course in Central Scottsdale, where you have 36 holes to choose from. Should you prefer the true desert course feel, head up to North Scottsdale and play Troon North choosing from the Monument Course or Pinnacle Course. Looking for more of a stay and play? Don’t forget about Talking Stick Casino and Resort where you can stay and play, which leads us to our next outdoors activity!
2) Salt River Fields – If you are in Scottsdale in March, head to Salt River Fields for a Spring Training Game. Watch the Rockies battle it out several days per week. You can relax on the lawn, or have a seated ticket – either way, the weather is perfect. When the baseball games aren’t on, check out our monthly events from concerts to chili cook-offs. At night, when it turns chilly, walk back over to Talking Stick Resort and enjoy state of the art slot machines, large poker room, and plenty of blackjack to keep you busy all night.
3) Hiking – Just in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley, there are a handful of hiking options. If you are looking for a long stroll, not too steep, but going the distance, try Gateway Trailhead where you will see our Desert Flowers bloom and maybe even a mountain lion! If you are looking for more of a challenge, head on over to Paradise Valley to hike Camelback Mountain. Several trails to choose from, Cholla Trail to Echo Canyon for a more intense workout. If you are looking for a quick hike, head up to North Scottsdale to hike Pinnacle Peak. You will have beautiful views of Estancia Golf Course, Troon North, and Troon Country Club as you hike up the mountain.
4) Cycling – Scottsdale and Paradise Valley have several road cycling clubs or if you are looking to head out on your own, our local traffic has adapted to sharing the road. Check out the local Tri Clubs including Tri Scottsdale and One Multisport. There is always time to prepare for Ironman Arizona! If road cycling isn’t your thing, mountain biking is just as prominent. Deems Hills offers a rugged track for the avid mountain biker, or simply head to Phoenix Mountains Preserve for a scenic mountain bike ride!
5) Shopping – There is always the shopping. We have Scottsdale Fashion Square in Old Town Scottsdale if you are looking for the indoor shopping experience, with every store imaginable. If you are looking to stay outdoors, head up to Kierland Scottsdale and Scottsdale Quarter for some daytime shopping and don’t forget to stop for lunch! Choose from P.F. Changs, True Food Kitchen, Greenhouse, Zinc Bistro, or even relax with a margarita from Sol Cocina – don’t forget the guacamole. If you are still in the area as the evening hits, check out the iPic Theater where you relax in a reclining seat, have dinner served, as well as that glass of wine you have been waiting for all day!
If you are looking for even more activities to do in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley while you are here, let Angels RE Group help you discover why you will never want to leave. Remember, we know the Valley, we live in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley, and will show you the way!
Click here to contact us, or feel free to call us directly at (602) 818-3621 to schedule your private showing of just one of our spectacular properties. Here’s a sneak peak of one of our featured properties in Paradise Valley!